Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What are the odds of surviving a stroke?

My father had a stroke last night and no one found him until 12 to 16 hours after it happened. He was laying outside all night after his stroke until he was found. The type of stroke he had was a Ischemic stroke. My dads blood pressure was in the 400's and his sugar was in the 500's when paramedics got there. He was moving a bit also. After being sedated he is barely responsive and can not move his right side of his body. He does fidget and move his left leg and arm. I know he can hear me cause I was talking to him and he reached out his hand and held mine. He had a cat scan and it showed a large gray spot on the right side of his brain. I asked the doctor what the odds were that he would pull through and the doctor would not say. He refused to tell me or anyone else in the family. My dad's blood pressure and sugar have stabilized and he does move the left side of his body as well as grip and hold your hand. And I was wondering if anyone could offer up what chances he has since the doctor wont.

No comments:

Post a Comment